Terms & Conditions
The following information provided is in reference to the services of PCR labs.
Herein lie our terms and conditions which apply to our Service provision of PCR testing for COVID-19 in our UKAS-accredited lab. We have strived to make these details as accessible as possible in the interest of transparency. We ask that you read this text carefully and consider how the terms and conditions apply to you.
Here are some definitions which are contained within this document:
- “Consumer” – a person acting for purposes of their own use; they are considered independent of those working in association with their trade, business, craft or profession.
- “Kit” – the test kit sent to you as part of our Service to carry out your PCR COVID test
- “Service” – our testing service includes the delivery of a test kit to your desired location across Central London, the collection of the sample, and immediate laboratory analysis producing results within 24 hours. This 24hr guarantee precludes the occurrence of any incident that is beyond our reasonable control and which causes delay in the receipt of your test result.
3. How you order and contract formation
An order is made via our website at the point where “Pay Now/ Book Now” has been clicked. By using the internet browser back button, you can check and amend any errors in advance of making an order. Our acceptance of your offer, established upon your mailbox’s receipt of our confirmation email, marks the creation of a legally binding contract under English contract law.
4. Who may use our Service?
You must not use or attempt to use our order Service unless you are aged 16 or over. The kit must be used by the person whose name is registered to that specific kit. The resale of this Kit for our Services and the use of it by someone who is not the named person amounts to a breach of contract on your part.
Payment is requested in advance of the provision of our Service. The prices of our various Services may be found on our website. Please note that these prices are subject to change. You are legally obliged to pay once we confirm your order, i.e. we have accepted your legal offer and have entered into a contract in which both parties must perform.
6. Discount codes
There are periods during which we offer discounts. Discount codes are non-transferrable or redeemable for cash. Unless otherwise stated: codes cannot be used retrospectively. Discount codes are subject to any additional specific terms and conditions which are specified at the point of issue. We reserve the right to discontinue or otherwise modify any discount codes at any time without prior notice.
7. Use of our Service
- The information provided is accurate to the best of your knowledge, and there is no misleading information provided.
Delivering the Kit
- We only provide a Kit collection and delivery service to the postcodes and locations on our site. These currently encompass Zones 1 and 2 of London.
- We aim to deliver the Kit at the time slot you have specified when booking. We do not accept responsibility for delays in the Kit delivery, if there:
(a) are circumstances beyond our reasonable control and where we could not have taken reasonable steps to deal with the delay
(b) are inadequate delivery instructions provided and the location cannot be reasonably ascertained.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you and the other people for whom you book tests are all present at your home during the time slot and are in a position to promptly administer the tests. Our courier is entitled to leave without the completed Kits after 10 minutes of taking all reasonable steps to notify you of their arrival.
- The courier may also leave if the individual or party takes in excess of 10 minutes to carry out the test.
- These instances (“no show” & delay in administering test) amount to a breach of contract and there is no refund available. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Sending you the test results
- You should receive test results within 24 hours of having taken your sample. We will take reasonable steps to email you the test results and certificates within this timescale. If there is delay that can be attributed to a preventable fault in our service provision, and the delayed arrival time is no longer feasible, we will grant you a refund or a rescheduling of test free of charge. We do not accept any responsibility for knock-on implications of your test delay. This includes but is not limited to any missed flight, train, accommodation, etc.
- It is your responsibility to contact us promptly if you have not received notification of your results within the expected period.
- A term of the transaction for the Service includes a guarantee that you or any associates refrain from engaging in any abusive or aggressive behaviour towards our couriers or any other associated parties. Any incident will be reported to the police for investigation accompanied by the possibility of criminal charges.
8. Positive Test Result.
- If a positive result has been detected by our lab undertaking PCR analysis, we are legally obliged to hand over relevant information to Public Health England for them the purposes of recording and containing the transmission of the virus.
- You acknowledge that, as with all medical test, 100% accuracy of our tests cannot be guaranteed. To this end there is an inevitable risk of either a “false positive” or a “false negative” arising. Accordingly, we are not legally responsible for incorrect test results when we have undertaken all reasonable actions in handling and analysis. You consequently rely on the test results at your own risk.
- We do not provide medical advice. You may need to consult your own doctor if you seek medical advice in relation to the test result or any symptoms that you may be displaying
- We cannot guarantee that your result certificates will be accepted by any particular airline, government or other authority. Despite our UKAS-accreditation, acceptance of test results is at the discretion of the airline, trainline or any other operator for which PCR testing is a prerequisite to the solicitation of their service. It is therefore your responsibility to confirm that the certificates are fit for purpose.
- PCR labs reserves the right to destroy any sample following conveyance of test results to you via email or by any other means agreed upon.
10. Restrictions on our legal responsibility
- Please note that nothing in this agreement in any way limits or excludes our liability for negligence causing death or personal injury or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for anything which may not legally be excluded or limited. In this section, any reference to us includes our employees and agents, who have the right to enforce this agreement.
If you are a Consumer,PCR Labs Ltd. shall not be liable for any loss or damage where:
- there is no breach of a legal duty owed to you by PCR Labs Ltd. or its affiliated representatives such as ecofleet;
- such loss or damage was not reasonably foreseeable (meaning it was not an obvious consequence of our breach or not contemplated by you and us at the time PCR Labs Ltd. entered into this contract);
- (and to the extent that) such loss or damage is your fault, for example by not complying with this agreement; or
- such loss or damage relates to a business of yours.
- If you are a Consumer,under civil (and/or criminal law) you will be responsible for any reasonably foreseeable loss or damage PCR Labs Ltd suffers (including claims made by other people) resulting from your breach of this agreement or misuse of our Service as per these terms and conditions.
11. Elements beyond our control
- PCR Labs Ltd is not liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing any obligation under this agreement if the failure or delay is caused by any circumstances beyond our reasonable control including third party telecommunication failures, unavoidable obstructions on delivery route, etc.
13. English law
- This contract is under English law and any disputes will be within the jurisdiction of England.
14. Further miscellaneous information
Test results will only be sent to the email(s) provided. If any part of the agreement is ineffective or unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of the agreement still applies. A person who is not a party to this agreement can’t enforce it unless the agreement expressly states otherwise.
- If you have any complaints, please contact us via the “Contact Us” page.
16. Company information
- Company name: PCR Labs Ltd.
- Trading name: “PCR Labs”
- Country of incorporation: England and Wales.
- Registered number: 13157120
- Registered office and trading address: Unit G26, The Light Box, 111 Power Road, Chiswick, W4 5PY.
- Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other contact information: See our website / contact page.
17. Right to Cancel:
The following applies if you have the right to cancel this contract (as explained above):
Right to cancel
- You have the right to cancel this contract up to 48 hours before your delivery
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform PCR Labs (Unit G26, The Light Box, 111 Power Road, Chiswick, W4 5PY). You may do this via a clear statement of intention to cancel the contract, for example, via email . We have provided a cancellation form below which you are welcome to use.
- To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to communicate your cancellation before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation
- If you cancel this contract up to 48 hours before your delivery slot, we will reimburse all payments PCR Labs has received from you for the cancelled service.
- Without undue delay we will refund you, and not later than 5 days after the day on which we are informed about the cancellation of the contract.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same form of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless another means is agreed upon by both parties. In any case, you will not incur any cost deriving from the reimbursement.
Complete and return this form if you wish to cancel the contract:
— [I/We] hereby give notice that [I/We] wish to cancel [my/our] contract of sale for [named goods, e.g. 2 X Fit to Fly]
— Ordered on [*]/received on [*],
— Name of consumer(s),
— Address of consumer(s),